Wednesday, March 9, 2011

MIM - distressed

Distressed edges.  It's a papercraft-y thing, not my mood today ;)  The challenge is to add distressing to our projects.  You can catch the video here if you're interested.  Without further ado, here's my bright and flowery contribution (in direct defiance to the 15cm of snow we're scheduled to have drop tomorrow - grrrr!)


I stamped the medallion from mat stack 2 in a pattern on the base cardstock layer, then distressed a layer of gorgeous basic grey paper, added a sentiment from signature greetings and a leaf from turning a new leaf.  I distressed the leaves with the edge of my scissors - I like how that looks!  I also wanted to add a pattern to the leaf image, so I inked it up in yellow and "kissed" it to the striped image from background basics: retro.  Once in red and again in blue.  Hope you like it!

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful.I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love all the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle medallion peeking out. looks great.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! Love the cardstock colors mixed with the patterned paper. That doily behind the sentiment is a gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree. The doily stamping frames the sentiment beautifully. I also really like the softness of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Elena, this is so lovely. I adore the colors and composition so very much, but I adore that trio of folded and stitched green strip. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you stamped the medallion and then added the sentiment panel over top. The floral patterned paper and the leafy addition really does call out for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful soft color mix.
    I like the doily background - reminds me of the sun (which we havent see where I live for a while!! please come back sun!!)
    Nice card :)

    ReplyDelete