Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy day.

I have another card using the emboss-resist technique for you today - and another floral embellishment!  It feels like I've been putting a lot of flowers on my projects this week ;)


I started with a vintage cream card-base, and clear-embossed the sheet music images over the entire length of the card front.  I rubbed tumbled glass distress ink over the entire area.  Here's a closer look at the embossing:


I distressed a paper doily with antique linen distress ink, and layered a tag-sale 4 shape over it.  On the tag, I stamped images from Button Boutique before adding my floral embellishment and a "turning a new leaf" die-cut piece.  I nabbed the sentiment from my stash of old SU rub-ons...


The flower was so easy to create!  Here's  photo step-by-step:


I punched a 1.75" scallop circle shape, and burnished it with my bone folder (ignore the blatant Martha Stewart product placement!) until the fibers of the paper broke down enough to gently pull them apart.  I then scrunched each scallop circle and placed one on top of the other.  You can mold them even better if you gently mist them with water... Add a rhinestone or button in the center, and voila!  Another kind of floral embellishment.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love how elegant the simple scallop looks as a flower! Simple just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card...it is stunning! Thaks for the tips on the flower:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layering and tone on tone creation. The flower really 'pops' against the background, too
    !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. the flower is gorgeous.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant. Love the flower & touch of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I love the sheetmusic background and that fabulous layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pop of color very cool.

    ReplyDelete