Tuesday, November 1, 2011

from the scrap pile

Do you keep a little scrap pile of stuff that didn't work on other cards?  I do!  I made the embossed-woodgrain-brayered background for last week's MIM challenge, but never got around to creating a card with it before we left for Henderson Harbor.



The cupcake image (from PTI's baby button bits) was stamped onto a bookprint and colored in with copics.  And then I never used it.


A blank mat stack shape was also in that pile.

And a strip of leftover brown cardstock, stamped with lawn fawn's "schoolhouse backdrops".

Put it all together, and I have my entry for this week's CAS-ual Fridays.  In about 10 minutes.  'Cuz sometimes, that's all the time you've got.

9 comments:

  1. This is pretty darn impressive for 10 minutes. Hats off to you. I need to get more organized with my scraps and extra pieces. This is very inspirational. I wonder what I've got hidden just out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! i love that all of the elements were 'scraps'!! i need to dig nto my scrap pile more often:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making cards from leftovers, too, Elena! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card, and in ten minutes .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you pulled all of this together - such great textures! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful elements packed into one! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your paper pieced cupcake, it looks fab on the neutral color and I love your sentiment panel :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete