Thursday, December 22, 2011

Candy cane tags.

"brown paper packages, tied up with string - these are a few of my favorite things!"



All of the presents are wrapped, and under the tree, and sporting these tags.  I inked up a sentiment from PTI's "merry little christmas" and stamped it to cover the entire tag sale 5 shape.  I cut out a label-basics shape and stamped the coordinating frame in real red ink (SU).  The candy canes and holly jolly leaves took the longest time to assemble, but so worth it!  The whole thing was adhered to a craft doily (so that it wouldn't be all kraft-on-kraft).  I stamped some bold snowflakes from a lawn fawn set onto the actual packages...


It's the final countdown!  My kids have been waking up, opening the advent calendar, and basically jumping up and down at how little days are left!  I'm trying to slow things down for them - it will be over as quickly as it came, right?  So here's to having Christmas fun with family starting right now *raises mug o' hot chocolate*

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to your blog, but I love your work! The packages look fab, I love the kraft paper, for some reason it's really hard to find in the UK! But it looks so good with the white stamps on it, will definitely be giving this a go for next Christmas. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little tag! I love the use of the Label Basics on the Tag Sale die. Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, Elena! I love the layering with the kraft, red and white. Those candy canes are perfect! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! So nice! I love the stamped wrapping paper and the tags. And in case the other person commenting, M-J reads this, try an office depot type of store for the kraft/packing paper in bulk. You can buy big rolls for not very much! You can also find people selling the rolls on etsy.com (and they ship to the UK).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these tags. How clever to stamp a background stamp of Christmas Wishes. I think I'll make something like that for Chanukah. Great thing (ugh) about an 8 day holiday--you can still think of things in the middle and get them done--but it feels like it never ends.....Wishing you and your family the Merriest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love our brown paper packages, too!
    http://photocreationstz.blogspot.com/2011/12/handmade-christmas-almost-all-wrapped.html

    Yours are so delicate and sweet. Is't it a shame they'll all get ripped to smithereens?...well, almost a shame. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty package. Love your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tag, Elena! I love the color combo.

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so, so pretty! (I just showed my mum about 30 of your most recent posts - and she totally agreed with me - you have so many beautiful pictures and wonderful ideas it's a treat coming here!!
    Thanks for wonderful inspiration!
    Merry Christmas wishes / Karin

    ReplyDelete