Monday, December 19, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays - the one with the matching envie.

It's the final countdown!  Less than a week before Christmas, and I have no idea how that happened :)  Luckily, the prezzies are all wrapped and under the tree, the Christmas cards were mailed out, and (for the most part), this week is for relaxing and enjoying.

I did need a few last minute cards for Sofia's teachers, and how fun to create one with a matching envelope for the latest CAS-ual fridays challenge.


I was inspired by *this card* and its outline-copic-coloring.  I started out by stamping the gingham strip (from PTI's "background basics: gingham") onto the card base, the white mat, and the envelope liner.  Next, the snowman and all his accessories (from lawn fawn's "making frosty friends").  Quick tip:  I actually placed my snowman stamp on my paper to judge for placement, then removed him and first stamped the top hat.  A mask I had created for the top hat went down next, and I stamped the snowman body over-top.  Remove the mask, and voila!  perfect placement, and no embarrassing lines cutting into the hat.  The sentiment is from PTI's think big favorites.  At the very end, I sprayed mister huey's calico white mist over the entire card-front... made the little snowman and his gingham border look like they hit a tiny blizzard :)  It's subtle, even in real life, but very cute.


True story: this was actually my first time creating an envelope liner.  A real envelope was sacrificed in order to trace a pattern for it...


The white mat was mounted onto the card base with foam squares, matching up the gingham borders... a little snowman was stamped onto the envelope-front.


What last-minute holiday projects are you doing this week?  I still have to assemble teacher gifts, and create some last minute tag-sets :)

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable card. Love the gingham base. Lucky you; all ready for the holiday. I don't think I am ever ready. When I find myself having time, I try to squeeze in yet another last minute project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously cute and so warming :)
    We're just about set for Christmas too: the presents are wrapped, the cards are in the mail and I just need to bake some gingerbread ;D
    Hugs and Happy Holidays!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and envelope. I love them both. How clever to match the gingham with the snowman. Here is a link to PTI's envelope templates, if you ever need to cut another one...http://www.papertreyink.com/files/PapertreyEnvelopeLinerTemplates.pdf I found it last night, when I was making mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Love the matching envelope too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! i love the gingham!! And of course the snowmen, I love snowmen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Elena! Super tip about stamping the hat first and then masking it to stamp the rest of the snowman! I love the matching envelope liner-- I've never tried this before...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! I love how you slightly placed the sentiment over the stamped pattern at the bottom!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love the gigham. How could I not! Fab tips about proper snowman stamping. Thanks a bunch for that! Wonderful card and lined envie. Golly you are good!

    ReplyDelete