Thursday, December 8, 2011

fashion-inspired.

well, sort of.

Gap-kids-inspired, really.

I was checking out some Christmas pjs for the babes online and found this set:


So cute, right?  I didn't end up ordering them, but I was totally inspired to create a card...


I started out with the idea of stamping the snowman (from lawn fawn's "making frosty friends") onto red cardstock (in red ink) and then using a dauber (a circular sponge that fits on your finger like a thimble, from SU) to "color" the snowman and snowflakes (using fresh snow ink.)

I added some hits of blue (the pleated ribbon snow-drift, and the hero-arts plaid background in blue ink) to cool down the whole card a bit.  I also white-heat-embossed the sentiment onto blue cardstock, times 3.


Hope you like it!  It's a little, um, different... I wasn't sure if I should post it or not, but I think it's fun to see where crafters get their inspiration - and it's not the first time I've used the pyjama section from Gap or Old Navy for inspiration... hee.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. That is so neat! It really does look like the pj's. I love how you did the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Even cuter than the pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! And I am loving your pleated snow drift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! So creative, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE every little thing about this card,I can't believe you even doubted yourself about posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red and the aqua color combo!! And the snow in the background and the cute snowman. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete