Tuesday, December 6, 2011

got coffee?

I made my own little "coffee specimen sheet", complete with my chicken-scrawl-handwriting listing the type beneath each type.  I'm no calligraphist, but what better way to make a card more personal than to write on it yourself?

I think I mentioned my sister has a birthday coming up, but did I mention that my dad's birthday is on the same day?  The way the story is told, my mom took a healthy dose of castor oil to make that birthday present happen.  Ew.



I stamped and paper-pieced different mugs from Paper Smooches' "hot concoctions" set, and imagined a type of coffee to go with each one.  My favorite?  The "extra shot" at the bottom - complete with huge droplets of black coffee spilling out (the droplets are from lawn fawn's "plus one" set.)

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. This is just so cute. Someone must really love coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! is this one for me, or dad? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Elena! Great paper-piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever card! I love the paper-piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh for the love of all things that come in a mug... this is fantastic! I have a "thing" for coffee and warm bevvies... I WILL be buying this set pronto. SO cute (and I love your chicken scratch). ;)

    ReplyDelete