Thursday, December 29, 2011

mini-album tutorial.

I had a few emails and questions about how I made the mini-album from yesterday.

Click *here* to see what I'm talking about :)


Grab your cardstock and a cutter.  Cut 2 4-inch squares, 3 4x5-inch rectangles, and 1 4x5.5-inch rectangle.


Take your 3 4x5-inch rectangles and score them at 1 inch, on the long side.


Score your 4x5.5-inch rectangle at 1 inch, and again at 1.5 inches (again, on the long side).  This piece will make the cover of your mini-album, which is why we created a spine.


Adhere all of your pieces, as shown, keeping the piece with the spine on the left.


Glue the 2nd 4-inch square over-top, to hide all the mess.


Decorate your mini-album however you wish!


Close it up (yesterday I used an eyelet and some twine, but a little velcro circle on this one), and enjoy!

If you decide to make one based on my tutorial, feel free to link up in my comments section!  I'd love to see it.   Also, keep in mind that if you add bulky items (buttons, ribbon, etc), it won't close up as neatly.  You might try adding more of a spine to your other sides, to allow for more room!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial, you made it look easy. This is definitely going to my to-try list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial. Now, I can try one of these some day. I think it would make a very sweet birthday card/gift for one of my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fun tutorial. It looks quick and easy. It will definitely be on my to-do list for 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! I love doing mini ablums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your photos! So sweet of you to share! I can't wait to make one of these...or two, or three...he-he.

    ReplyDelete