Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Creations: coffee with a friend




Hi friends!  Time for another Saturday Creations post.


I always thought the circle images from Precious Remembrance's "positive thoughts" set looked like a coffee-mug ring.  When I think of sharing coffee with a friend, I think of chatting about the good, the bad, and the ugly...


I created this card when I needed something flat for mailing, but still wanted it to be special.  I started out with a patterned paper mat and sent it through the die-cutter so that I could stamp the sentiment onto the card-base and have it show through.

Because I'm always holding my breath when I send my cards through the sewing machine, I opted to stamp the stitch line all around the patterned paper.  (When stamping the shorter sides, a little selective inking helps to avoid any overlap.)


After having stamped the coffee ring image, I adhered 2 hearts together, and slid some twine through both the hearts and the patterned paper (I punched a tiny hole right into the image - but it's so small you can hardly notice it, even in real life.)  I tied a simple knot where the twine joined together.

I hope you've enjoyed my Saturday Creations all through July! I'll be back in a few weeks with more :) 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - I do love your style :) I had to Pin this, so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with LilyPinkScraps, I plan on repining her pin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous, Elena!! Love that little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL design and perfect photos as always!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pop of colour against the neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. Cool idea to cut a place for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the white and tan with the touch of color in the heart - very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely design - so sweet! Love the way your coffee rings (they'd be tea rings if you were over here *wink*) compliment the polka dots!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete