Friday, September 7, 2012

just a little something...in a treat box...


Sometimes, a friend deserves "just a little something."  I whipped up a little treat box for a time like that :)


I die-cut the CSS cube die, and also create a folded tag out of one of the banner flag dies.  It becomes the perfect tiny card.  The box was stamped with the honeycomb pattern from background basics 1, and topped with a flouffy handmade flower.


mmmm.... mint chocolates...


I love that included in the favor flags and fillers set, you get both the banner outline, and the filler images:  I stamped the outline in brown, the filler image in a very light ink (antique linen distress ink) and stamped the sentiment over-top (from rag-doll Willa's banner set.)  I then stamped in the little flower from background basics 2.  I inked one end in a dusty pink ink, and the stem in green.

I'm including one more image, of the box without the hanging tag, so you could see how I closed it up.  I love being able to untie a bow to open a box!  I punched a tiny hole in the lip of the box, and ran a length of twine around the box and through the hole.  The twine is secured to the top of the box, under the flower.  I love the look of it, even without the tag... I just think it would be beautiful to see 40-50 boxes lined up for a bridal shower or some other special party's favor...

Have a great weekend, all!

4 comments:

  1. Elena this is just so sweet and perfect! The flower on top is GORGEOUS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! Love that cute flower on top! And of course I love mint chocolate anything, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super sweet, Elena! And mean. Now I want chocolate!! Seriously, these are fab!!

    ReplyDelete