Tuesday, February 5, 2013

every day is a gift.

Birch trees

A little homemade gift, done birch tree style, and courtesy of Clear and Simple stamps.

Birch trees

I rubbed distress ink over the negative space between the birch trees for a bit of a different look.

Birch trees

A matching box (our new party favor 7) houses some diy embellishments - some chunky leaves and buttons, and a tissue-paper flower (from the "build-a-flower" dies).  All adhered with a glue dot to an acetate layer, so the recipient could peel and use on their own projects.  It's all about spreading the love of paper-crafting!

Birch trees

Thanks for stopping by!

These designers are also showcasing some CSS goodies today:

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE the colours together - the blue really gives it a modern feel. Beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This. is. stunning. Holy wow Elena!! I love the addition of the soft blue from the distress ink - such a perfect colour combo! And your favour box, choc full of crafty treats... I wish this was all on its way to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue is fantastic! This is gorgeous, and has such a clean, calm feel to it....I'm loving those embellies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card and matching box, Elena! I just love the aqua, white and brown colour combo-- it makes me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card/Box. Colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just FYI - When you make your photos private they are unpinnable. Just thought you should know. I do follow you on Pinterest as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeep - I usually upload the pics to flickr way earlier than when I publish my blogpost... so I usually upload them "private" and then change them after my post goes live. But I guess I'm not always on top of things - thanks for the head's up, and for wanting to Pin my stuff! you're so sweet!

      Delete
  7. Elena, I think this is so dreamy! I love the colors, and what a fun way to use the party favor box!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! The color combination is unreal. And the idea of an embellishment box is truly inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning doesn't do this justice. It has such a nice clean and precise look . Great job Elena! Really enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I remember these just lovely, Jessika asked me where does she get all these cards she was shocked you made it.

    ReplyDelete