Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Good fortune {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Good fortune

Here's your fortune for the day: play leap-frog with a unicorn and you will suffer very badly.  hee.

I'm back showcasing "Good Fortune" - another new and super cute lawn fawn set for inspiration week!  I saw this particular "fortune" (which is actually very sage advice) on pinterest somewhere, and I thought a fawnie version would be hilarious.  I did giggle a bit as I was creating it.

Good fortune

I did some masking to be able to stamp the fortune cookie "in front of" the take-out box and the chopsticks. I then stamped the unicorn (from critters ever after) at the bottom and then masked everything to be able to stamp the new "sharp backdrops" in behind.  I love that new background set - it's so great!  I also blended some soft brown ink to tone down that background a bit and have it all blend together.

Good fortune

I was able to type a custom fortune, and have it follow the same path as the sentiments that come with the set.  I did it using my silhouette software.  If you'd be interesting in learning how I did that, leave me a comment - I'd be happy to do a short video tutorial.

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!


18 comments:

  1. lol, seriously Elena, how did you come up with that sentiment?! It's hilarious!! Great card, love the background and shading around your focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely hysterical! Such a clever card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome way to pull such different stamp sets together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your masking and choice of papers...such a sweet card! Thanks for my 'daily' fortune - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I'm still giggling over this card! I'd love for a silhouette tutorial on making the sentiment if you find yourself with some extra time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! That's hilarious. This is super cute and I love how you brought these fun images together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo funny! You totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so refreshing to see a designer with a since of humor. I laughed so hard when I saw this card. It's perfect right down to the saying, just the type of card I would give anyone as it fits my personality. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe this card si so funny, Elena, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg this card is awesome! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh, HILARIOUS.

    I LOVE this card - and as usual, you blow my mind with how you pair everything up, mask it all off so perfectly, and make it all look so effortless. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay- this is just cute! And great advice.....ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so funny! the funniest part is I know the perfect person to send this card to!! lol

    ReplyDelete