Wednesday, February 6, 2013

medallions revisited.

watercolor gift set

Today, I'm revisiting the Clear and Simple Stamps "medallions" sets, and showing off a card set that was incredibly hard to photograph ;)

Here's my note to self for future projects: bright colors/high contrast projects look so much better in pictures.  (but we both know that I'm in love with the soft colors, so....)

watercolor gift set

I created a set of embossed & watercolored card, that will be gifted to Sofia's main teacher at the end of the year.  Nothing like getting a little ahead of the game... And, I was thrilled to find this little french greeting in the limited edition "celebrate" set.  Awesome.

So, to create my card-fronts, I embossed the entire thing full of medallions (remember: throw on the embossing powder as you go!)  Once everything was embossed, I gave the entire panel a wash in mint watercolors.  I love the hazy imperfection of the watercolors!

My best tip for creating a card set like this: stamp and emboss an entire 8.5x11 inche sheet of paper.  Once everything is embossed and painted, all you have to do is cut the sheet 4 ways and bam!  the bulk of the work on 4 cards is done.

A pretty card set deserves a pretty packaging:

watercolor gift set

I had a few leftover banner flags once I cut into all of the card-front panels.  I adhered one of those to the front of a clothespin, and added a flower from the "build-a-flower" die collection.  The cards went into a simple glassine bag, and the fancy clothespin sealed the top.

I gave the flowers a bit of dimension with this simple trick:

watercolor gift set

Hope you liked it all!  These designers are waiting for you with more inspiration:


watercolor gift set

10 comments:

  1. Maybe it was hard to photograph, but I think the soft colours with the light surroundings make for a beautiful photo!

    These are SO pretty... so classic, and lovely. I ADORE them. And I love sentiment too - even if it wasn't for an immersion (I assume) teacher! It's just got some 'oomph' to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunningly beautiful Elena!! I love the softness of it all, the colour palette is perfect and I don't know what you're saying about your photographs but the effort must have been worth it as they've come out lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and so gorgeous!!
    Love the colourcombo and I'm definitely going to try this too!!
    Thanks for this stunning piece of art and inspiration.

    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love that soft ice blue, and the pennant cut out and flowers. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so soft and beautiful...love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty. I love how you inlaid the sentiment strip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are wonderful -- so soft and pretty! Elena's teacher will love them! Très magnéfiques!

    ReplyDelete