Thursday, February 7, 2013

smarty pants bookmarks & an invitation for you (yes, you!)

Hi friends!

I am so excited to share my projects today - I have a set of valentine bookmarks, and an invitation to something special right here on the blog!

As soon as I saw the CSS "airmail" set, and the pile of books images, I knew what I wanted to create:

valentine bookmarks

Hey smartie!  happy valentine's day!

I used rag doll Jake, taglines: critters, and the airmail set to create my bookish valentines.

valentine bookmarks

I first stamped Jake, the selectively inked up only some of the books.  I colored, added elements from the critter set (the speech bubble and "hey smartie" sentiment) and added a notebook paper background.  Where the rag doll and the books meet made for a sloppy edge, so a printed sentiment was placed to cover that up.  For fun, they all fit perfectly inside the party favor 7 box.

NOW.  I started this blog 2 years ago.  The encouragement, friendships, and creativity that I have experienced thanks to this blog deserves to be celebrated!  And, I'm getting a little help from my favorite companies to make it extra special!

woodland party invite

You are invited TWO (get it?  to? two? I'm so witty) my blog's 2nd birthday party!

woodland party invite

I created a fun invite for the occasion, which perfectly sets the tone for my upcoming party!  I hope you'll come back on Saturday, February 9th and celebrate along with me!

Supplies for the invitation include:
- designer lines to create the gingham
- birch trees for the wooded background
- alpha duo for the t-w-o
- rag doll scene 1 for the adorable mushroom image on the invitation details
- taglines: critters for the tiny heart images

These designers have created things for you today too:  Lori Laurie Kim Laura CSS

19 comments:

  1. You are completely adorable, and this is officially my RSVP.

    Happy Blog Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome awesome awesome! And I have always wanted to come to one of your parties! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all absolutely WONDERFUL Elena!!!
    Thanks for the invite - can't wait - your parties must be the best and most wellplanned. (we had two b-day parties last week-end and you would have cried with horror if you'd seen them... my cake was decorated with Cars (disney) from a boardgame - poor Ted)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those bookmarks! Can't wait for your party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable!! love both projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And how exciting! Can't wait for the party....I hope it's not Thomas themed...hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. goof! it's obviously not going to be Thomas themed, but thanks for the morning laugh!

      Delete
  7. You had me with those adorable bookmarks but that woodgrain card and the wee envelop I dying over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous bookmarks, Elena!
    And thanks so much for the lovely invitation-- I'm looking forward to attending, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you just so clever!! Love this Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous bookmarks! You are so creative.
    Thanks for the invite! Can't wait for the party! You sure know how to throw one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, i LOVE your work lady, always impeccable. ***

    ReplyDelete
  12. You blow me away with your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What adorable bookmarks...love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your posts have become my favorite eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! These bookmarks warm my kindergarten teacher heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog! I learned about it from Chantalle (Melissa's BFF) -- I'm Chantalle's sister-in-law, Anne. Hi there! (Hi to Melissa, too!) This project is Totes Adorbs, as a dear friend of mind would say. Thanks for inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see what you create for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so clever! I love your book marks and how you created the invitation...so cute!

    ReplyDelete