Thursday, October 3, 2013

You want a piece of me?

My blog post title is all bravado, but I'm bashful and all tingly warm inside to be October's CASE study muse!

you want a piece of me?


The inspiration photo is taken from a mini cherry party I threw some time ago (click!)


So, real cherry pie, meet sassy cherry pie:

you want a piece of me?

I stamped the smiley-faced-wanna-be-tough pie, colored it cherry, and added a computer generated sentiment to fit into lawn fawn's speech bubble.  (If you haven't noticed by now, I keep using the same 2 or 3 fonts.  Font snobs:  let it go, or help a sister out.)

Although I painstakingly stamped all of the red and aqua stripes in the inspiration party, I took a lazier (read: faster) route here:

you want a piece of me?

Sorry the photo is a bit fuzzy.  Nothing like holding the camera over your head so you could get markers and everything in the frame.  The colors I used are R29 and BG32, if you are interested.

I hope you like my card!  Check out the CASE study blog to see what the rest of the design team has made based on my photo (shriek! I can't believe I just typed that.  This is some kind of out of body craft experience...)

If you have some time, I'd love for you to create something as well!

17 comments:

  1. I love your card! Cherries? ALL OVER THIS ONE! I hope I can find a minute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is amazing! I really like the aqua and cherry stripes in the background, and to think you did it with copic markers! Must try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I wanna piece of you! That was in my best gangster drawl, how did I do?

    Stunning card Miss Muse!! Love the Copic stripes and the hilarious pie! I can't wait to see what else you're having featured at CASE Study this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love your sense of humor! You're rocking your own inspiration, and I'm so glad to have you for a Muse! Btw, I must try the Copic stripes, I've known the trick for a long time but never gave it a go. Knowing myself, I'll probably mess it up big time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sassy cherry pie! Awesome as you always are Elena :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Elena! Your sassy cherry pie is adorable! Thanks for sharing how you made the background - it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally thought those stripes were patterned paper/cardstock. The lazier approach seems way easier, looks gorgeous and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay!!!! congratulations!!!! there is no better muse than you!! LOOOOVE your sassy pie card!! ha ha!! it's hilarious and colorful and happy!!! so cute!! and i love the stripes you drew with the copic! hello time saver! :) i can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is cracking me up! And I couldn't have asked for a better CASE Study muse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now THIS is why I love your work so much! :) You're the best Elena! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Elena!!! What a fun card you have here! So cute....so Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

  12. eek--so darn excited for you. Congratulations, and you are a fabulous muse. I can't wait to (legally) case you all month. Your first project is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay - so chuffed to see you as the Muse for october! Hope I get time to play along - your posts are ALWAYS inspiring! Congrats xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Elena! I'm so glad to see that you used copics for your stripes...I do the same thing, and it works great!

    Congrats on being this months' Muse...I'm so excited and can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card Elena! Thank you for being our October Muse this month :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete