Friday, May 16, 2014

everything is s'more fun with you {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Hi there! and welcome to the first post of lawn fawn's summer release week!  We're featuring the adorable, camping-themed set "love you s'more."

you make everything s'more fun {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I made a little scene with the images.  The curved lines make it easy to have rolling hills in the background - you know, with a few sparse trees in the distance... come to think of it, this may be more "backyard camping" than "camping camping."  haha.

you make everything s'more fun {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Plus, if the s'more is in on the fun, what will they be roasting?  The set does have a squirrel... hmmm...

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I added some glitter to the flame, around the outside.  I tried to emphasize it a bit in post-picture-editing, but it's still faint.

The background was creating using distress inks - I blended some green for the hills, and added a yellow glow above the fire, blending that into the starry sky.

you make everything s'more fun {lawn fawn inspiration week}

For the sentiment, I simply stamped it onto a strip of paper and then fish-tailed the ends. I made it wavy and then adhered it to the card.

I hope you like it! There's more (or should I say S'MORE) inspiration on the lawn fawn blog today.

♥.

16 comments:

  1. I love the card and the bear is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Elena. Now that the snow and ice are finally gone :) this new release is just in time for summer camping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so super sweet! I love that bear! And your wavy banner is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute! Your inking is perfect and I love the dimension and coloring/placement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!! The background that you created is gorgeous and I really like how you colored the sentiment! I can't wait to see what else you've made with the new LF goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card!!!! Thanks for the inspiration! Cannot wait for the new sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way your fire just glows right off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - I love your card! Beautiful sun glow in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with the bear! Great fun card thanks Eliena!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors and the tones!! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stamped images and your papers.
    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and fun!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your background scene. and the bear is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just ADORABLE! I love the sky.

    ReplyDelete