Monday, June 13, 2016

timber! a lumberjack birthday card.

**If you're looking for my Lawn Fawn planner card, scroll down or click HERE!**

I've got a little sneak peek of the birthday card I made for my nephew's first birthday. My sister is planning a lumberjack-themed party, and I had just the thing to make a card to match.

timber! 1st year done!

I stamped the lumberjack (from Lumberjack Love,) some trees, and the tree stump and colored them in with copic markers. I then die-cut them and set them aside.

The card-base was treated to a wash of dark blue sky, with distress inks in Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Black Soot.  I wet my fingers a bit at the end and flicked some water onto the panel. Most of the texture was covered up by the images, but you can see a little of what the water did around the lumberjack's head.

timber! 1st year done!

From the side, you can better see how I then cut 2 white panels and layered all of the images either behind or in front of the popped up panels.

To end off, I used our new journaling alpha die set  to personalize the card for my nephew's no. ONE birthday.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, Elena, this is adorable. I have wanted this set since I first saw it and I still don't have it! (My want list far out weighs my budget. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this card - I think it looks so amazing and so manly for a guy's birthday!! What a cool idea to put those panels on and add the images in - makes it look so dimensional!! Way to go - This is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the way you personalized the envelope too!!! Very cute!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love the dimension and how you incorporated the alphas!

    ReplyDelete