Friday, May 12, 2017

Magic color slider (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Hi there!

Welcome back to another day of Lawn Fawn's inspiration and summer release week! Today, we're showing off a very cool new die: the Magic Color Slider.

Everything is black and white... until you pull the slider to reveal a colorful scene!

Magic color slider (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I used Dad + Me to show a straight-laced dad hanging with his kid.

But the sentiment and the "pull here" tab tell a different story...

Magic color slider (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Maybe Dad isn't so serious...

Magic color slider (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Definitely not. Those joke glasses are hilarious.

Here are my tips for making a magic slider card:

- use Staz-on ink for stamping on the acetate.

- a stamp positioning tool (like the MISTI) is a huge help. I wanted a good impression on the acetate and it took 2 or 3 inkings to get that.

- think of fun things that could be added as the slider pulls back. I did that with joke glasses on this card!

- saturate your colorful background. In hindsight, I wish I had done that. When you pull back the slider tab, the wow factor is revealing a completely colorful panel and I kept mine too light. I will definitely be making another one very soon!

Check out the rest of the design team's slider cards on the LF blog this morning - click!

♥.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my....added to the wishlist! Super card!!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, its so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. caught me by surprise and I laughed - cute card!

    ReplyDelete